THROTTLE CONTROLLERS > CADILLAC
- Our Throttle Controller removes the built-in delay on your electronic accelerator pedal.
- By eliminating this delay, your engine will respond a lot faster.
- As a result, your car's Throttle will feel the same as a hard cable operated Throttle Body.
- 2 different modes: Sport and Economy mode.
- Sport mode has 10 different levels / Economy mode has 8 different levels.
- An easy to use knob to increase or decrease the Throttle response.
- Plug and play, easy to install using the exact same OEM harness, only one single plug to connect.
- Will not void your factory warranty.
Ref # TC-XLR19AHow to install
2004-2009 Cadillac XLR
Ref # TC-STS19AHow to install
2005-2012 Cadillac STS
Ref # TC-DTS19AHow to install
2006-2011 Cadillac DTS
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Sedan
Ref # TC-CAD19AHow to install
2008-2014 Cadillac CTS
Ref # TC-CAD19AHow to install
2008-2014 Cadillac CTS-V
2008-2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2008-2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2010-2014 Cadillac CTS / CTS-V Wagon
2011-2014 Cadillac CTS / CTS-V Coupe
2011-2018 Cadillac Escalade
Ref # TC-ATS18AHow to install
2012-2018 Cadillac ATS (AWD & RWD)
Ref # TC-XTS12AHow to install
2013+ Cadillac XTS
Ref # TC-CTS18AHow to install
2014-2018 Cadillac CTS / CTS-V
Ref # TC-CT618AHow to install
2016-2018 Cadillac CT6
- Our Throttle Controller is very easy to install, it plugs in-line right on your Gas pedal harness, providing a huge improvement in throttle response, reaction time and your acceleration
- This is applicable for both Manual and Automatics.
- For naturally aspirated cars, you will have a more linear acceleration, a more precise and predictable.
- More Control.
- For Turbo / Supercharged vehicles, you will be able to reduce the Turbo Lag, improve the low and Mid-range performance.
- Now comes as a standard option with one single Control Knob
- OEM plug and play wiring harness connectors for quick and easy installation
Explanation of Throttle Response:Throttle response is how fast it takes from the time you mash the accelerator pedal to the time the engine RPM rises and how fast it rises. Throttle response is all about the time delay in the control system which alters the air pressure in the inlet manifold. It's only the time delay between moving the driver's right foot and changing the amount of air available at the inlets.
A more responsive 400hp engine will outrun (other than top speed) a less responsive yet more powerful 450hp engine on the track assuming driver skills and vehicle suspension tire adhesion etcetera being equal in the same car every time.
When you open the throttle it responds by sucking in more air and adding more fuel. The power increase is caused because your RPM's rise. The faster your RPM's rise the faster your car can reach max power.
Cold air intakes / ported throttle bodies / ported inatkes .... will all give some addittional maximum power but a Throttle Controller's biggest benefit is allowing the engine RPM to rise faster which translates to reaching maximum power sooner which means the car will be accelerating faster.
How the Throttle Controller will affect your driving:
1- Daily Driving or at the Race Track:
Our Camaros are equipped with a drive-by-wire system and the throttle response is affected badly by this and as most of us feel a noticeable delay when quickly changing the position of the gas pedal. The Throttle response delay / Lag is an intentional design on the "Drive by Wire system and the reasons are:
- Decreasing emissions
- Safety and drivability.
- Fuel economy.
Throttle response plays a major role in driving pleasure, as this gives the driver more control over the vehicle's acceleration or deceleration. If you have a very precise throttle response, it will not only make your driving maneuvres a lot more predictible but makes you feel more comfortable pushing the car's limits on corners.
On a race track, while entering a corner, the requested power output is reduced since the vehicle is coasting or braking. After passing the corner, the driver will suddenly request more power to accelerate back to normal speeds. Fast throttle response allows a vehicle to regain its speed quickly after cornering. Drifting requires very precise and instant throttle response on a rear-wheel drive car, one wants to increase torque on the rear wheels at a precise moment in a corner to make it turn the car more in the direction of the road ahead past the corner, and make it stop at a precise moment or the car will spin out of control. No matter what the maximum engine power is, if the throttle response is slow, you will not be able to have control or do this maneuvre.
Disclaimer:USER MUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. ANY MODIFICATION OR ANY MISUSE OF THIS PRODUCT IS AT HIS/HER OWN RISK. THE MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR & RETAILER WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USING THIS ITEM OTHER THAN SPECIFIED ABOVE.
ANY USE OF THE ITEM OTHER THAN ITS INTENDED PURPOSE VOIDS ANY WARRANTY.